Ear Candling is a natural and holistic therapy that involves inserting a hollow lit candle into the ear to clear the ear of any blockages or wax debris and/or relieve pressure from behind the ear or sinus passages.
Ear Candling is extremely relaxing and more often than not, a client will fall asleep, offering a time of relaxation, healing and energy balancing.
The candles we use are handmade in Victoria, Australia from cotton and beeswax.
“..depending on a person’s level of openness and relaxation will also depend on how much their ears are ready to release!”
What comes out varies in size, colour, shape and texture. Mainly you will see wax or powder. Powder is considered as fluid or moisture, sinus or lymph fluid.
Ear Candling may assist clients with:
- Discomfort or aches
- Excess wax build up
- Sinus problems
- Swimmer’s ear
- Tinnitus, vertigo & dizziness
Some clients have noted:
- Better hearing
- Improved sense of smell and taste
- A new sense of clarity
NB: Even if you only feel 1 ear has the problem, we will always suggest that you have both ears candled for balance and for overall relaxation and healing.
Ear Candling is contraindicated (not performed):
- If candling performed in last 7 days
- Women in their 1st trimester
- Recently inserted ear drains or grommets
- Recent ear surgery
- Ear infections – Please see us after the infection has passed
- Tumour of the ear
- Congenital hearing loss – Permission from your Doctor is required
- Perforated or burst eardrums or artificial eardrums